Friday, October 8, 2010

iPods in the classroom

As someone who owns a an iphone 4, I am familiar with the software used on the ipods. Therefore, it is difficult for me to think of questions I may have about the use of ipods in classrooms. I know how to use the ipod so I am only curious about how to use it in a classroom.The only thing I currently wonder about is how realistic is it to study the use of ipods in the public school classrooms. Many schools can barely afford new books, relevant curriculum or much if any technology. How many classrooms are actually using the ipods today and is it projected that more classrooms will begin to use them since they are more affordable than a classroom computer?


I am excited to research current apps that would be beneficial in the classroom. I will be discovering both math and early learning literacy apps in the next two months. I am also looking forward not only to finding apps, but also considering how I can use ipods to enhance learning of a topic I may already be teaching students.

1 comment:

  1. Have you had a chance to check out the examples of district and school uses of Touches on your tech wiki? Pretty interesting projects out there.

    I wonder if we can turn your question around about the real budget issues out there. I wonder why schools keep hundreds of collars on text books that are out of date within a year when investing in technology might be a less expensive -- and richer option? We're interesting times when these questions are becoming more critical!

    Looking forward to thinking more about them with you all.

    ReplyDelete